Monday, August 16, 2010

Disturbed...

While the rest of my computer was tied up at work, I decided to hop on the intenet and retool my blog...the blog I have not touched in several months. After a few changes here and there, I decided to write a short blog on what the Lord is doing in my life. I sat back in my chair, arms crossed behind my head thinking about the last few months and my eyes caught sight of a prayer by Sir Francis Drake that I posted beside my desk sometime last fall. Although I have seen this prayer every word day since I posted it, it just hit me that the Lord has been answering that praying in my life. He has been disturbing me. Read the prayer below.

Disturb us, Lord, when
We are too well pleased with ourselves,
When our dreams have come true
Because we have dreamed too little,
When we arrived safely
Because we sailed too close to the shore.
Disturb us, Lord, when
With the abundance of things we possess
We have lost our thirst
For the waters of life;
We have ceased to dream of eternity
And in our efforts to build a new earth,
We have allowed our vision
Of the new Heaven to dim.
Disturb us, Lord, to dare more boldly,
To venture on wider seas
Where storms will show your mastery;
Where losing sight of land,
We shall find the stars.
We ask You to push back
The horizons of our hopes;
And to push into the future
In strength, courage, hope, and love.
The Lord has been disturbing me. Breaking up my norm and pushing me out to the edge into the storms to show me His mastery. It has not been easy out on the edge but my prayer is that my thirst for the waters of life will continue to increase, God's glory will been evident, and that I will find the stars somewhere well beyond what my small mind could have imagined. Lord, continue to disturb me and let these storms show your glory.

1 comment:

Polly said...

Please keep posting.... I always love your heart. My family sure knows a thing or two about our lives being disturbed lately but His peace overpowers every time. Thanks for sharing a prayer that can challenge all of us.